Using the example of Ukraine's Spider Web attack on Russian airfields is a bit of a problem for justifying better air base defenses in the Continental United States (CONUS). Except for our strategic bomber bases that would justify extreme defenses, I want more basic things first for ordinary air bases.
Air Force bases inside the U.S. are heavily guarded, but they could fall victim to the same type of spectacular drone attack that struck bomber bases deep inside Russia last year[.]
True. But the Ukraine attack was a special forces strike that took 18 months to execute.
Start with the basics and expand that:
I am fully onboard the need for ground-based air defense and more basic air base protection measures.
And grant me that I recognized the base defense problem that small drones would pose. And that was before they were armed with explosives and got longer range.
CONUS is no longer a sanctuary.
NOTE: TDR Winter War of 2022 coverage continues here.
NOTE: You may also like to read my posts on Substack, at The Dignified Rant: Evolved. Go ahead and subscribe to it. It's the right thing to do!
NOTE: Image from this article.

