Saturday, April 09, 2011

Spring Break is Winding Down

Well, school spring break is winding down. Monday is school again, which means on Sunday Lamb needs to do some writing homework and practice her multiplication facts again (flash cards).

Yesterday, I took the kids to see the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie. This is a fragile state of nature where there are some movies that both want to see despite the age difference. I'm taking advantage of it. They both liked it. Heck, even I thought it was entertaining as long as I had to be there. Lamb ate most of the popcorn (Mister doesn't really like it and I didn't want much). She was happy about that and was amused at how much the salt shriveled her lips. We got Icees after at Target where I also picked up beef jerky. Lamb complains (good naturedly) that I always get her the small size. Well, you are small, I say. We left it at "maybe" I'll get her the medium once we get to summer. Maybe.

But back to the beef jerky. I know. Somehow I've picked up the habit from my youth. Actually, I read that it is a good snack compared to a lot of non-carrot snacks because it doesn't have high fat content. So there you go. It's kind of like health food. Target has the cheapest price I've seen, beating even Amazon. At least I didn't go the Slim Jim route, eh? Grant me that, anyway.

Then back home for dinner and video games and movies on a rainy, chilly evening. Mister and I watched the Red Wings get spanked. The first period was just embarrassing. That hurt. One would hope that we could get some momentum going into the playoffs.

One more regular season game for the Wings this weekend to redeem our honor. And tonight the Wolverines play for the NCAA hockey championship. So that's pretty cool.

My life and home are cluttered with the things of my children. They will seem very empty when that winds down one day. But for now, at least, life is good.