Thursday, January 06, 2011

Connected!

After my disappointments that my son's new computer could not be connected to either his old printer or my wireless network right out of the box, I finally scored success!

The printer conversion cable--darn close to being as expensive as a new printer (but for the fortune in ink already invested in the old one)--fit nicely.

And the Cisco wireless USB adapter that I got dirt cheap on Amazon worked nicely with my Cisco router without even having to resort to the special instructions I looked up for Windows 7 (the adapter was for Vista or earlier, but I hoped having the same company's products would help). So I added Firefox for Mister and downloaded Malware Bytes for added protection.

As a bonus, the new Cisco device said that Windows 7 machines could use the wireless network to print to any printer in the network! I can hardly wait to check that claim out to see if I can print documents from my lap top to my desk top printer.

Gosh darn it, I can almost feel my back straightening as I march rightward on the evolution chart!

Everything worked out great. May this be the shape of my technology future for the new year.