Monday, September 17, 2007

We Ain't Talking Piercings, Buffy

Some ace college reporter just discovered that the Naval Academy trains Navy and Marine officers.

This is too funny:

...My brother ended up liking Annapolis and he has decided to stay. While it has been difficult for me to accept that I have a brother in the military, I must allow him to pursue whatever path he is drawn toward, and he has admitted to me that he feels called to being there. However, for anyone else out there considering a career in the academy, let it be known: the U.S. Naval Academy is not an elite college; it is first and foremost a branch of the U.S. military and the prestige comes at a big price—it taxes parents, siblings, and participants if they do not understand what they were signing up for...


Participants might not understand what they signed up for? I think not.

Parents of new cadets don't understand? That's a stretch, too.

But Barnard College seniors majoring in political science? Yep, they clearly can fail to understand what the Naval Academy is all about. Let this be known.

I imagine the first clue for the cub reporter was when she discovered it was not the Navel Academy of Body Piercing.