Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Your Christmas Day Operations Security Lesson

Okay, I got this from my AUSA email update:

When SGM Williams found he was going to inherit a fortune when his sickly father died, he decided he needed a woman to enjoy that money with. So, one evening he went to a singles bar where he spotted the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. Her natural beauty took his breath away. "I may look like just an ordinary man," he said as he walked up to her, "but in just a week or two, my father will die, and I'll inherit $20 million." Impressed, the woman went home with him that evening and three days later she became his stepmother.

This is why OPSEC is important!

I saw that coming but it was still pretty funny.

UPDATE: Oops:

President Donald Trump may have inadvertently unmasked a Navy SEAL team during his short visit to a US base in Iraq this week. ...

While the president has broad authority to declassify information, so his tweet likely didn't run afoul of any rules, some observers called it a breach of operational security.

Yeah, don't do that.

UPDATE: Actually it was pointing out that the troops in some pictures were SEALS rather than anything about the picture tweeted. My bad.