Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I Remember Every Day

No, not forgotten by all.

Not by a long shot.

UPDATE: One of the most disappointing aspects of President Obama has been his failure to communicate with the American public the need to win the war he once called the necessary war and which his supporters called (dishonestly, I believe) the "good war."

I consistently complained that President Bush too infrequently spoke to the public about Iraq, but by comparison to this president, Bush was a chatterbox.

UPDATE: In related matters, I'm grateful that our anti-war left is quiet. During the Bush presidency, reaching 2,000 casualties in the Iraq War was an event for the anti-war side to celebrate has an indictment of the whole war effort. That mark will go virtually uncommented by our left for Afghanistan.

Mind you, I'm grateful for the silence of the lambs. But it is infuriating for the hypocricy. And it reflects the reality during the 2004 campaign when one liberal war supporter writer argued that Republicans concerned about winning the war should vote for Kerry because the only way liberals would support a war is if a Democrat wages it.

I've tried in the past, and failed, to find that article, so I haven't looked for it now. But it surely was an accurate appraisal of the anti-war left.