Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It Will Do

I finally saw Terra Nova. It has promise despite my worries.

Two things, however, if I may.

One, given downward demographic trends, I sincerely doubt that a government of the future would need to limit families to 2 children per couple.

Two, the perimeter fence has holes big enough for people? Really? And it sits right up against the settlement so dinosaurs can reach in? No ditch or fence further out? Or if you can only do one fence, you don't want to put your buildings a little further back?

I could go on if I was in a nitpicky mood, I guess. But it was entertaining. It is way above V levels of forlorn hope that surely it must get better.

UPDATE: Oh, I was distracted at this point, but did the guy who was eaten by the T-Rex in Jurassic Park while hiding in the outhouse munched by a dinosaur in this pilot? Could have sworn it was him. Nice touch, if so.