Thursday, December 31, 2009

Wave the Flag

I added a lot of update to my complaint that our president (and his administration) doesn't seem to really believe we are at war, based on complaints by defenders of the president that the pro-war side should not attack President Obama on a national security issue and put our country first.

That's a fine sentiment. I agree. We'll set aside the question of how well the loyal opposition did that during the Bush administration. But we should rally around the flag.

Let me sum up my total arguments since I went on a bit:

If you want conservative Americans to rally around the president's flag in times of national crisis, he actually has to raise the American flag to lead us into battle. Otherwise, it might seem like we are being asked to rally around the white flag of surrender.