Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Evolved Dinosaurs

With the tank replacement version of the FCS taking a back seat to rolling out FCS systems piecemeal to the infantry for the current war, the realization that heavy armor still works has set in after examining the initial campaign in 2003 that toppled Saddam's regime:


When the dust had settled, and the battles were carefully examined, it was discovered that the key to rapid victory were the "obsolete" M-1 tanks and M-2 Infantry Fighting Vehicles.


I expressed my doubts about the wonder tank FCS here regarding a pre-OIF article I wrote that Military Review published.

And I also wrote of the value of heavy armor that should be considered as we planned our future Army for an aborted contest on the tenth anniversary of Desert Storm that I posted here (after giving up on getting it published).