Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Saving My Sanity

I didn't listen to President Obama's State of the Union address. It would have just raised my blood pressure. Here are several reasons why (tip to Instapundit).

The President has nothing to say to me. I don't trust him or anything he says.

UPDATE: Also via Instapundit, his cabinet has nothing to say to me (OK, maybe Panetta does). Face it, the economy wasn't worse than the administration thought, as they like to explain it away now--their response was worse than they admitted. To us, anyway. At the time, I figured the spending spree from the liberal wish list was wrong but the White House perhaps believed the stimulus would work.

Is it better or worse that they knew what they were doing was counter-productive or ineffective?

UPDATE: I guess there is a reason President Obama has nothing to say to me:

This should have been a serious speech addressing the economic problems facing the United States. Instead it was a laundry list of half-baked proposals designed to appease the Left. The president should have been talking about reining in spending, lowering taxes, and fostering greater economic freedom, but he opted for policies that will speed America’s decline, not reverse it.

OK, I'm done with this. I can feel my blood pressure rising just listening to sound bites on the morning news.

It's time to go back to talking about despots and terrorists who I expect to want to harm America.