Tuesday, January 31, 2012

When the Sales Pitch is a Lie

So lately I've been getting phone messages from someone who tells me that they have business with me concerning my student loans. I should call them at 1-800-635-3743.

My question is, why should I do business with a company that just lies to me right off the bat?

How do I know that I don't have business with this company regarding my student loans? Simple, I paid off my student loans some time in the twentieth century. So the alternative to this company being a bunch of deceptive liars is that they are grossly incompetent. Yeah, I want to deal with them.

I find these people even below the duct cleaning people who call because they happen to be in my neighborhood at that moment--and less believable than the Nigerians emailing me to let me know I am their only hope of getting millions of dollars unfrozen.