Monday, January 09, 2012

We Can Do This?

The Troglopundit celebrates their 5,000th post. We can celebrate posts?

Congratulations! And here I only though we bloggers could celebrate anniversaries.

This is my 9,779th post on Blogger over 7+ years. I estimate I'm at over 10,500 when you add in about two years on Geocities where working in HTML slowed me down. I worried that my pace, but The Troglopundit is clearly the obsessive blogger (at 3 years) and I can ignore whatever doubts I might have.

Big or small, we are collectively a sieve that the main stream media must pass through. We rely on the media for our material. I wish they'd stick more to the reporting of events rather than go a bridge too far and attempt analysis. Few of them are up to that task. And since when did reporting events become too demeaning (oh yeah, when they got "journalism" degrees, no doubt)?

Anyway, kudos for the blogging sprint at The Troglopundit.