Wednesday, August 07, 2024

Gaza Unaware Local Police

It is fascinating to see the international community wrestling with getting Israel to stop pounding Hamas while pretending to stand up a force that will protect Israel from the Hamas murderers and rapists. We all know how this would turn out.

It won't be a UN force, but after the war "ends" a small trusted force is supposed to keep Hamas and its satellite jihadi friends in check inside Gaza. I suggest calling it the Gaza Unaware Local Police (GULP). Because we'll all gulp in faux shock when we see it bribed, intimidated, and infiltrated into a pro-Hamas entity that sees nothing and knows nothing--and does nothing--about alleged Hamas personnel.

Anyone for Iraq Inspections Charade 2.0? I'd laugh if October 7, 2023 didn't make the idea so horrifyingly evil.

I've noted the futility (in a later update) of sending in a small force of screened ("vetted" is the trendy word these days) security forces for post-war Gaza. Let's recall my warning and subsequent reality about UNIFIL in southern Lebanon after the 2006 Israel-Hezbollah War that was supposed to protect Israel (and Lebanon) from Hezbollah rebuilding in the south. Or as I called it, UNIFAIL.

NOTE: TDR Winter War of 2022 coverage continues here.

NOTE: I'm adding updates on the Last Hamas War in this post.

NOTE: I'm now on Substack, with The Dignified Rant: Evolved.