Sunday, April 29, 2012

Still Manning the Ramparts

Legal Insurrection, noting Don Surber's blog burnout, says that independent conservative bloggers are an increasingly rare breed.

This July it will be 10 years of blogging. Is there something wrong with me that I'm not on the cusp of burnout?

I think it helps that I have no comments to monitor or follow.

It also helps that I am under no delusion that one more blog post will change the world. This is about saying what I think about the Long War that we need to win so it can be checked against reality. I believe I know what I'm talking about. Now it is on record and it can be judged whether I do know what I'm talking about. I of course hope that I contribute to the public support of the military to get the job done. But I don't believe I'm more than a molecule in the wind that hopefully blows at their backs more often than not.

And I do like a good rant on global warming. Or going off on idiots posing as deep thinkers. Lord, there are a lot of them.

Sometimes I think I even get a funny post in on some topic.

I feel defeated when I comment on domestic politics, really. Compared to writing about our jihadi and thug enemies, that sometimes seems like a hopeless fight given the assets the left can deploy to the battle--including those idiots who for some reason get people to listen to them. Now that is depressing. I salute those on the right who fight that battle every day. I'll miss Breitbart for what he did.

And of course, I enjoy writing about my children and even the every day banal triumphs and crises of the modern middle class, middle-aged man I've become. (Seriously, when did I get old? It seems like yesterday that I was 25!)

Sometimes I get a little tired of blogging. But it never lasts long. And it rarely seems like a chore. Eventually something interesting comes out that I must comment on or that seems important to note. I really just have things to say, and this is such an easy way to do it that I cannot imagine getting burned out doing it.

So enjoy. Or not. But I'll still be here starting my second decade this summer.