Thursday, November 01, 2018

Its Not Even a Choice at This Point

President Trump is a jerk. Seriously. But Democrats offer no alternative.

My disdain for Trump is longstanding, intensified by his long life in Democratic party circles. I've voted Republican at the national level exclusively yet didn't vote for Trump in 2016. I could read the polls and had every reason to believe my vote would have zero effect on the outcome. I would have voted for him if I felt it would matter, but why get Hillary and know I voted for him?

But Trump had the advantage of not being the thoroughly corrupt and painfully untalented Hillary in 2016. So I was absolutely thrilled when he won. And even though Trump is a crude jerk, Obama was a condescending jerk. So even that factor was not as big a change in demeanor in my opinion.

And by the time 2017 ended it became clear that his policies were generally acceptable or good. I never feared his presidency--because I trusted our institutions to shape his policies--but he exceeded my expectations for good policies.

And watching Democrats wink at the anarchist and communist mobs that raged in the streets against Trump was a horrible glimpse at a possible future when our institutions were under threat.

And what did 2018 bring? More good policies. And more importantly, clear evidence that the Democratic Party and their allies in the media, academia, and Hollywood have descended into far left insanity constantly turned to 11 with ridiculous charges about dictatorship, Nazis, Confederates, white supremacists, and whatever other bat guano crazy charge-of-the-moment they had; and developed a sudden dangerous hatred of American institutions they don't control.

Silly me. I thought that Trump in the White House could get conservatives and liberals to rally around the idea of reducing the power and reach of the federal government once liberals saw what kind of power they handed to Trump--who the left sees as the personification of evil.

But alas, no. Democratic leaders have decided the political institutions that served them--and our country--so well in the past are now the enemy, too.

All because in their minds--and in their minds alone--America is becoming a fascist state. That is insane. And they will destroy American institutions to "save" America.

Democrats didn't even try to make their party a choice for people like me who don't like Trump personally. Despite Trump's personal baggage, the alternative Democrats have made themselves look far worse than Trump! That was quite the achievement. Bravo. I honestly didn't think that was possible.

I won't trust Democrats for any level of government until they recover from their insanity.