Friday, April 07, 2023

Accept No Substitutes for Meat Sack TDR

I tried using ChatGPT to write a blog post on aircraft carriers. Egad.

This is the task I posed to Chat GPT:

using the style of https://thedignifiedrant.blogspot.com/, explain the value of aircraft carriers in power projection versus sea control missions

This is what it generated:

Well, let me tell you something, my friend. When it comes to naval power, aircraft carriers are the crown jewels of any fleet. They represent the ultimate symbol of a nation's military might and are an indispensable tool for projecting power across the seas. However, there is a significant difference between the role of aircraft carriers in power projection and sea control missions. 

In power projection, aircraft carriers provide the ability to strike deep into enemy territory, bypassing their coastal defenses and hitting high-value targets with pinpoint accuracy. This can be done with a variety of aircraft, including fighter jets, bombers, and even drones. The carrier's mobility and range allow it to operate far from its home base, projecting power over vast distances and giving its nation a significant advantage in any conflict. 

On the other hand, in sea control missions, aircraft carriers are primarily used to protect friendly shipping and deny the enemy the use of the seas. In this role, carriers are equipped with aircraft optimized for anti-submarine warfare, surface warfare, and reconnaissance. They can also serve as a platform for electronic warfare and provide a protective umbrella for other ships in the fleet. 

So, you see, my dear friend, aircraft carriers are incredibly versatile vessels that can perform multiple roles depending on the situation. Whether it's projecting power over long distances or securing the seas, aircraft carriers are an essential tool for any naval power looking to maintain its dominance on the high seas. 

What on God's green Earth is that? "My friend"? "My dear friend"? I think I just vomited a little bit in my mouth.

I have no idea if the AI actually scanned my site as I asked it. That essay in no way reflects my TDR style, wit, and sheer good looks.

And worse, it in no way reflects my view on the value of aircraft carriers for the two missions.

On the other hand, it did a good job summarizing the two types of missions.

So I've got at least a few more weeks before I'm replaceable. Which is nice.

NOTE: TDR Winter War of 2022 continues here.