Monday, May 09, 2016

I Hate Microsoft. And I Hate Dell

Every freaking day now my computer locks up and becomes unusable as Microsoft takes over my computer and maxes out my computer memory, CPU, and disk capacity.

Even turning off the damn thing doesn't interrupt it.

I hate Microsoft for their nerve to simply take over.

And I hate Dell for making a computer that I apparently don't actually own.

I seem to have paid for the privilege of using the computer until Microsoft wants it back, and then I have no choice but to go along for the ride.

Ah, I remember the happy days when Microsoft would ask me if I wanted to install updates now or perhaps later. Now, no more. They know better and my convenience be damned.

Ef them and the horse they rode in on. I've long been a PC user. But never has the PC industry annoyed me so consistently.

I'm happy with my iPhone. Maybe my next computer will be an Apple.

UPDATE: And I say this as a long-time Dell customer. Why they are trying hard to alienate their customer base is beyond me.