Wednesday, May 04, 2016

If You Wonder Why I Don't Blog Politics

I would have bet good money that Trump would not have been the last man standing (heck, I doubted he really wanted to be president as much as he wanted free Brand Trump advertising):

Donald Trump scored a landslide victory in Indiana’s Republican presidential primary Tuesday, dealing a knockout blow to Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who abruptly ended his campaign, making the real estate mogul turned insurgent candidate the party’s likely nominee this November.

And no, I'm not forgetting about Kasich.

Which is why I neither gamble nor blog much about domestic politics. I try to stay in my lanes to avoid mere spouting of opinion (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course).

So here we are. I despise Trump (but not his supporters, I hasten to add, who have reason to be pissed off).

But if I have to choose between a clown on the one hand or a communist or corrupt politician on the other, I'll choose the clown any day.

At least with the clown, you can count on our press corps to provide actual oversight of their administration, unlike the big wet slobbering kiss they've given the current president and would give a communist or crook with a (D) after their name.

You go to November with the candidate that you have and not the candidate you wish you had.

It will be a target-rich environment for defense and foreign affairs blogging, I dare say.