Sunday, May 17, 2015

Back Assward

Sometimes I wake up screaming in the middle of the night, as I realize that John Kerry is our chief diplomat.

With my apologies to my neighbors:

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Saturday he is hopeful that the successful conclusion of a nuclear deal with Iran will send a positive message to North Korea to restart negotiations on its own atomic program.

I'm sorry. But, huh? North Korea already has a thriving nuclear weapons program. Why would they want to follow Iran's foot steps to achieve the same thing?

North Korea signed a deal to keep them from going nuclear with the 1994 Agreed Framework, and two decades later, North Korea has nuclear devices and long-range ballistic missiles, and is working on linking them up.

I think Iran has learned from North Korea that any signed agreement with the West can be violated without drawing a response forceful enough to stop the cheating.

And Iran learned that they can negotiate their nuclear arsenal with only a decade of delay.

Gosh, just how did Kerry build that reputation for being such an ineffective Secretary of State?