Saturday, October 17, 2015

Spartano Delenda Est

The natural order must be restored.

UPDATE: Hah! Yesterday while driving through town, I could have sworn I saw an F-18 flying by. It was different but in an instant of glancing I would have sworn I saw twin canted tails. So I look it up and two EA-18G Growlers (electronic warfare versions of the Navy plane) will conduct a flyover before the game.

UPDATE: over my home!


Thank you Lancers!

UPDATE: That hurt. Exciting game. But that hurt. (Fumble on punt that MSU ran back for touchdown, FYI.)

I was never at the point where I assumed a win. So I've got that going for me.

And I won't blame our kicker--although he needs a lesson in falling on the ball if he doesn't handle the snap. Our offense sputtered in the second half. That touchdown just shouldn't have mattered. But it did.

UPDATE: A new day.

Our team should review errors and failures to exploit opportunities in the whole game. And then prepare for the rest of the schedule. This extreme disappointment must not destroy what could still be a decent season. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, eh?

And when the season is over, remember for next year: Spartano delenda est.