Sunday, July 01, 2012

Carnival!

The carnival was back in town. Mister is getting to the age where it isn't as interesting to him. I took him once with Lamb. He also had problems fitting in some of the rides, I'll admit.

But Lamb is in her peak carnival excitement years. So her mom took her a second time and then I took her a third time, just the two of us. I did return with a carnival lemonade for Mister, which he greatly appreciated.

Thank God, Lamb is big enough to go on rides on her own. I find that in my advancing years that I am much more motion sensitive than I used to be. Rides make me dizzy and upset my stomach. It used to take a while to do that.

But I still went on a bunch with Lamb and got my money's worth out of my wrist band. Luckily, bumper cars made their return to the carnival this year. And Lamb is just barely big enough to drive them. I couldn't bear to target her and simply tried to evade her as she hunted me.

The big slide is no longer the thrill it once was for Lamb. So I got a video before that ride is in her rear view mirror forever:


I think my camera work was pretty good considering that I kept the camera on Lamb even though I slid off the slide and was skidding across the carpeting and heading for the fence. I've never done that before.