Sunday, June 10, 2012

Like Father, Like Daughter

The school year is almost over. Mister is preparing for finals. Lamb's year is winding down.

Lamb had her class picnic. Her mom and I tagged along.

Then in the evening she had her school ice cream social. It is the elementary school social event of the year. Lamb's mom volunteered for food detail. I was watching Lamb and her friend. But I was drafted to help with an inflatable slide. With an interruption to put eyeballs on my girls, I worked 1-1/2 hours. I hammed it up with the kids as I sent them up the ladder. I liked to give them my best sergeant major "Wait for it!" before giving the "Go!" command.

And Lamb, who has said I'm crazy, must think I'm crazy in a good way, volunteered to help. Soon she was doing my "wait for it" routine for the kids waiting for the slide!

This is a keeper memory.