Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Total Eclipse of Reality

I can't bear to listen or watch the state of the union address. Even with beer and the mockery that the reflected address is subjected to in a drunkblogging, it is almost too much to bear.

It's going to be a long four years.

UPDATE: The Chinese are right. This is the year of the snake.

UPDATE: I was going to make this a drinking game where I chug every time the president says some self-serving BS, but I've already called 911 to pump my stomach to prevent lethal alcohol poisoning.

So that's about it for me. Do follow Green at the link above to avoid looking directly at the SOTUA.

UPDATE: Fine. I get it. All your income are belong to us. That's the president's message. I'm checking out of even reading the reflected horror of the drunkblogging of the SOTUA, and turning on Netflix.

And more beer of course. Toxicity levels be damned.

UPDATE: I keep telling myself that we are great enough as a country to endure and recover from even four more years of this. At least China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea don't share borders with us (well, excepting the Bering Strait, of course--I'm talking their core area compared to our core area).

UPDATE: Even a Democrat can observe, "It is supremely depressing that there are people who think that was a 'great' speech." Yeah, I know someone who thought it was the best unicorn ride, ever.