Thursday, May 10, 2012

Music

Mister had a concert last night. He plays the cello. It isn't a high priority for him, mind you. But he plays the cello. He's somewhere up there on the right!


Lamb and her mom were there, too. Lamb behaved quite well given her complete lack of interest in the 1-1/2-hour performance. I liked it. By this age, with the serious musicians as the backbone, they sound alright.

Tuesday night I took him to their dress rehearsal. That was much longer. It ended up being over 2 hours. Had I known, I wouldn't have relied on my iPod and free wifi for entertainment. It makes no sense to leave him there and go home given travel time. But I would have brought a book if I'd realized the teacher would keep them an extra hour.

Mister didn't know, either. And since he had several tests and quizzes to study for, he wasn't the most pleased I've ever seen him.

I really need to find a performance to take Mister to in the next month. I probably should have taken him to the performance downtown on St. Patrick's Day, but I didn't want to compete with drunk drivers celebrating my people's traditions.