Tuesday, September 26, 2006

When Fingers Wag

The continuing quest for the perfect plan extends back in time, with a finger-wagging tirade by former President Clinton on television. So what is up with the competing statements:

“The country never had a comprehensive anti-terror operation until I came to office,” former president Bill Clinton told Fox News on Sunday. “I left a comprehensive anti-terror strategy.”

“We were not left a comprehensive strategy to fight al Qaeda,” says Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, in a new interview with the New York Post. “The notion somehow for eight months the Bush administration sat there and didn’t [fight al Qaeda] is just flatly false.”

I guess it depends on what the meaning of the word "strategy" is. And the word "comprehensive." And "anti-terror." Oh, and of course it depends on what the word "left" means. It may even depend on what the meaning of the word "is" is.

If the Left spent as much time trying to kill the enemy as it did in trying to plan how to kill the enemy--one day when the plan is perfected, I'd be fairly content. I'd be ecstatic if they hated jihadis as much as President Bush, but I am grounded in reality so I won't waste my breath hoping for that.

One thing for sure, when the Former First Finger wags, don't be so quick to defend the former President. He did not have plans to deal with that terrorist. Osama bin Laden.