Thursday, January 07, 2016

Signal Intelligence

This is interesting:

During the Democratic presidential candidate debate on November 14, some on Twitter commented on the pronunciation of the word “Muslim” by Hillary Clinton and the other candidates. Rather than the common Americanized pronunciation of “Muz-lim,” they opted to pronounce it “Mooss-lim,” with a long “o” sound in the first syllable, and an “s” sound rather than a “z”.

Similarly, the Left tends to pronounce the word “Islam” not as “IZ-lahm,” like the majority of Americans, but rather “Iss-LAM,” with the “s” sound replacing the “z” and with the emphasis on the second syllable rather than the first.

I think those clowns know more about pronunciation than the actual religion.

Well, I say IZ-lahm. But I also say MOZ-lem, which apparently isn't left or right.

Of course, I also call the capital of China,"Peking."

So perhaps I just signal that I'm older than average these days.

So make your judgments accordingly, I guess.

Tip to Instapundit.