Monday, November 02, 2015

Carjacker Assist

All those driver assist features on cars--leading to autonomous cars--had best have the capability of turning off "safety" features unless we want to enable carjacking.

I'm thinking in particular of automatic braking.

How long before armed carjackers simply step in front of a car--which causes the car to screech to a halt--and then demand the driver get out?

Kidnappings could be assisted in this way, too.

I'm just saying that if I had to run someone down to escape their attack on me, I'd like to be able to shut of that automatic braking feature.

Will the resulting lawsuit fail because the product worked as intended by the manufacturer or succeed because it worked as the criminal intended?

UPDATE: And let's not forget the Hot Babe Apocalypse that we are headed for with other driving technology.