Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sunday, 26 JUN 88

Won Motivation and Teamwork
banners. Pass 8-11 and 12-4.
Our drills did our details for us
after our CO cancelled our
official pass to put us on
detail. Pretty cool. After
dinner worked on lockers. Will
be up late shining shoes, boots, &
brass. Talked to [fiance] finally.
The end is so near. Leg feeling
better but I'm sure I'll fuck it
up on PT test Wednesday.
11 more days.

We won more bits of cloth that we seem willing to die for. Ultimately we trust that our leaders and people ask our troops to die for good reasons.

I don't remember what I did on pass. I remember some free time where I saw some Snowy River movie with our platoon guide. This might have been that day.

More important is that our drills made it possible. Our captain had decided we needed to work. Our drill sergeants decided we needed a reward. So our drills did our work for us. That was cool of them.

But the break was short and we'd do a lot of work, too, to look good in our gear.

The break in duty probably helped my leg situation. I was reasonably sure I'd screw it up on the PT test, however. But with only 11 days to go, if my leg went out after the PT test, I'd be good to go.