Xi can click his heels and chant "There's no place like the China Dream" all day long. But reality is not bound by his decrees.
Problems become more apparent:
No matter how much Xi Jinping promotes "positive energy" – his catchphrase for relentless optimism – the chickens of CCP economic policy have come home to roost.
America's GDP is significantly higher than China's and dramatically higher per capita. Honestly, I have doubts that we should use PPP to exaggerate China's GDP as a measure of broad global economic power. Yes, it is useful for things like comparing military expenditures where Western countries have higher personnel costs. But is PPP fully relevant on the global stage?
As China's rise slows, we should speak about China’s fate as if it is a continent and not a country.
NOTE: TDR Winter War of 2022 coverage continues here.
NOTE: You may also like to read my posts on Substack, at The Dignified Rant: Evolved. Go ahead and subscribe to it. It's the right thing to do!
NOTE: Yes, I know I am mixing characters from the movie.

