Ukraine has designed aerial suicide drones that mimic flocks of birds to penetrate Russian air defenses. Did I call it, or what?
Well, mimicking birds on radar:
The latest Ukrainian innovation is mechanical birds capable of destroying ground targets. Ukrainian engineers designed, developed, and fabricated a swarm of biomimetic drones that resemble a flock of migrating birds.
Man, I was all over this method a decade ago when discussing infantry ("slugs") on the future battlefield I described:
Anybody on the battlefield, whether Scouts or Slugs (especially), called being outside of a protected space “on top of the world.” Normally you had to dig underground while unobserved and not move (or emit) a muscle thereafter; move low and slow like random animal life; sit still in the open for no more than 3 minutes; or be encased in heavy armor, active defenses, and stealthiness to avoid being a bright strobing target pip on every Hostile’s screen. [emphasis added]
And here we are in 2026 with weapons mimicking wild life.
NOTE: TDR Winter War of 2022 coverage continues here.
NOTE: You may also like to read my posts on Substack, at The Dignified Rant: Evolved. Go ahead and subscribe to it. It's the right thing to do!
NOTE: I made the image with Bing.

