Thursday, September 01, 2011

My Own Bermuda Triangle

Maybe I've been watching too many episodes of X-Files on my Netflix marathon, but I swear to God that the normal laws of the universe just don't seem as strong as they should be.

I complained about the garbage bag incident (Case X-2011001). I still don't get that at all.

And then last night, I pull this out of my freezer:


OK, it isn't the best picture. I didn't bother to turn the light on over it and relied on the camera flash. I've seen clearer Bigfoot pictures. But if it isn't clear, it is my ice tray. It has an ice cube with a mysterious stalagmite.

But it didn't drip from the top of the freezer. One, I have no drips. Two, it angles out rather than going straight up if it had somehow formed from dripping water in my freezer (which I don't have).

The obvious explanation is that a region of gravity in my freezer rotated about 150 degrees (or 210, I suppose) over that one portion of my ice tray when it was still watery enough to start dripping.

So call this Case X-2011002.

This is freaking me out.