Monday, November 15, 2010

When I Think About You I Touch Myself

When it is all about the Big O:



This (via Weekly Standard) is really sad:

If there is a knock against Obama, it is that he is perhaps a little too enchanted with all the attention and acclaim. ... And I couldn't help noticing, when we sat down to talk in the dilapidated storefront that houses his Springfield campaign headquarters, that the blue-pen drawing he'd doodled on his newspaper during fundraising calls was a portrait of himself. [emphasis added]

And this was known in 2004. But nobody cared, and the writer drew no bad conclusions from that observation:

Indeed, charisma, intelligence, and ambition, tempered by a self-deprecating wit, are the particular hallmarks not so much of a great black politician as of any great one.

Self-deprecating? In what alternative universe? I don't think that term means what the author of the article thinks it means. When he thinks about himself, he draws himself.

Look, as I wrote when President Obama was elected, I still hope the country is so prosperous and safe in 2012 that his reelection is a no-brainer for the public. I don't care if our good fortune is because of him or in spite of him. I'd rather he get totally undeserved credit for our good fortune than see our country falter economically or in foreign affairs and war to the benefit of his opponent in the 2012 election.

What gets me about the 2004 article is that the lack of experience and leadership was totally ignored by our press corps, which similarly touched itself when it thought about the "great one." I know I've ranted about our collective press corps' obvious bias toward anything on the left side of the political spectrum (and don't get me started on their sheer ignorance of military matters even after nearly a decade at war, which is what really gets me), but the 2008 election continues to stand out as a monument to their pretense of objective reporting.

They didn't want anybody else. Ooh ... ooh ... aah.

The press compromised their principle, yeah yeah. That kind of love is mythical. He's anything but typical. He's a craze you'd endorse, he's a powerful force. You're obliged to conform when there's no other candidate. He used to look good to them, but now they find him simply irresistible:



When it is all about the O, the blood rushes away from the brain.

UPDATE: Drat. It appears that neither video works. Well, you can go directly to You Tube to see them ...

UPDATE: I like both songs too much to let this slide. I put in links to videos that work. You're welcome.

Truly, there's no telling where the money went.