Monday, November 08, 2010

It's a Party

My Lamb is really quite the social butterfly. On Friday she asked me if I could take her to a party on Sunday for a friend at Chuck-e-Cheese. The invitation had sat in her mom's car all week, it seems. So mom RSVP'd, Lamb's grandfather went out with her to buy a present, and I got the duty of wrapping the present and taking Lamb there. For about 2-1/2 hours.

The horror of the noise level is only matched by the horror of imagining some bad guy spiriting Lamb out of the place if I let my guard down even for a second. Yes, I know. I'm paranoid. But as long as I hang back and let her fly without my obvious presence looming over her, what harm does it do? Forgive me if I don't completely trust in the security level of their hand-stamp system backed by a high school student at the front door.

She had a ball. I'm not the biggest fan of the place, but they do know how to run a children's party.