Saturday, January 15, 2005

Prepare to Move Out

I cannot recommend this article enough. Podhoretz should lay to rest any doubts that the President will follow through with his vow to destroy threats before they arise and that the Axis of Evil will be dealt with.

The President may not be successful in overcoming the wide variety of opposition in this country--let alone the evil targets--but he will try.

As I've noted, this war must be won and if the President won't defeat the threats to us that he has identified, why did we reelect him at all?

Given the emphasis on Social Security reform and tax reform, I have had a few worries that defeating our enemies has taken a back seat. And since nothing is happening with Iran in the new year I've had a few doubts so far this year.

But the Srategic Petroleum Reserve won't be full until April, I think. And Congress could act on the President's proposals on Social Security this spring. Much depends on when Iran will go nuclear. Perhaps the Euros have stalled Iranian developments a few critical months. Or maybe we have better intelligence on how close Iran is to nukes. I just don't know.

But I am feeling better that we will deal with our enemies and that we are not going to rely on the nice words of thug regimes for our security.