Friday, September 26, 2014

So Let's Win, Eh?

Note that I truly want President Obama to lead us to victory over ISIL, and save Iraq in the process. And overthrow Assad, in time.

I know I've mocked a lot of what the president is doing lately. But it is the result of more than a decade of being called a warmonger for wanting to fight our enemies and for enduring preening, drooling, idiots who pretend they understand the military, war, and history.

And no, I'm not just talking about Kirsten Powers.

Now that President Obama has discovered that the jihad and Russian aggression are very interested in him, the lazy blaming of Bush for all our troubles abroad is no longer tenable, is it?

I'm "enjoying" that in a bitter sort of way.

So now let's kill and stop our enemies.

And congratulations to the Obama administration for getting Arab states to go kinetic on our common enemies with air power. That is an achievement of diplomacy.

Let's not throw away our sacrifices in Afghanistan, while I'm at it.