Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Democracy in Action

Well, it isn't like our democracy but it is a democracy. Canada will have a change in government after yesterday's election. I find it odd that the government will be led by a the winner with all of 36% of the vote, but that's the system so that's the result.

Congratulations to Stephen Harper and me he have success.

For me, I don't expect much. Canada cannot possibly make their military a force to be reckoned with as it once was despite my wishes. Canada can only improve things a bit in the short run, although I hope they do make some improvements. If this plan is serious, Canada's military could again be a good force.

Canada can keep gay marriage and check for guns at the border heading for Canada, for all I care. They just aren't high priorities for me to worry about.

My only real hopes are that Canada will let us use their airspace for missile defense systems that will protect both of us.

And that they will track Islamist terrorists more closely so they don't slip into America.

Perhaps we can give on the soft woods issue to give Harper some protection.

So I'm not ecstatic or anything. Just satisfied at a turn in a better direction. Although I'm still not happy with coming down with Bell's Palsy on my last trip to Toronto, I don't hold a grudge or anything. I just hope it isn't something in the beer. Hate to relapse...

Oh, and Mad Minerva answers a question about what all those Leftist Americans who fled a fascist America will do now that fascism has followed them to Canada.

The fools. Did they think that Moose Jaw was far enough to run? Muhahahahaha!

UPDATE: I have great respect for Canada's military personnel. Their history is one they may be proud of. And I can say that I have a work of military fiction describing the Canadian brigade in NATO in the 1980s which is a great reflection on this history of excellence. Canada's military can be great again, even if it will never field an army that strikes fear in the so-called hearts of fascists.