Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Key Reader Demographic

I've kind of assumed all along that my readership consists of male, gun-owning, war-mongering, beer-drinking, Al Bundy fans.

I don't have comments so how do I know? Well, Technocrati is convenient for seeing comments on what I write from those with web pages. Email is another route for comments, of course.

But when Technocrati showed this site, Yabazaba, as one that links to me, I was thoroughly bewildered. Computers, ferrets, and life in general are the latest topics. Nothing odd. A perfectly normal blog by someone who seems by all indications to be a nice young lady.

So what is this demographic outlier doing linking to my blog?

Then I noticed that by hovering my cursor over the link to my site, the young lady notes that her dad recommended the site to her.

Ah, there's my demographic target audience!

I just hope the site owner doesn't get too much grief from her demographic audience--the "dad made me do it" disclaimer should help.

And dads really do look out for their daughters.