Friday, March 04, 2011

A Sign of the Apocalypse

I nearly had to change my armor when I read this:

New York billionaire Donald Trump said in a Des Moines Register interview Thursday that he expects to visit Iowa soon, likely before his self-imposed June deadline for seeking the 2012 Republican presidential nomination.

Why on Earth would voters want to replace a man whose supporters think he is a god with a man who thinks he is as smart as God?

I won't cop out and say I won't vote in that eventuality. Someone will win the 2012 election, and if Trump is in the contest, I'll have to hold my nose and vote for the reelection of President Obama.

Lord, why couldn't the Donald be a Democrat? Or a Green? Or just so into hookers and intoxicants that he can't be bothered with running for office?

Sigh. But there's only room for one Charlie Sheen, I'd guess.