Thursday, August 02, 2007

Cone of Silence

Oh, by the way, I was quiet for a week because I was on vacation in Canada.

A bit of time in isolation in Lake Huron with my son and a good weekend of pub crawling (on my own, of course) in Toronto's entertainment district (just stay away from the tourist area of Yonge Street).

Toronto is perhaps my favorite city to visit. I don't know why Canadians seem to dislike Toronto. I'm a city boy at heart. Although my major point of comparison is Detroit so my standards may be low, I admit.

The heavy advertising for a play based on the awful movie "Dirty Dancing" was surely a sign of the Apocolypse, if I'm not mistaken. That alone could explain hostility.

And I learned that Canadian law (or perhaps Ontario law if my experience here about general public awareness of the law is applicable) requires that two glasses be provided with a pitcher of beer. So at Second City, I had a spare.

Also, I really must find out what the bowler hat guy is all about. Appeared to be a Canadian television thing, as near as I could figure.

Here's the isolation part of my vacation:




No pictures from the pub crawl.

I now return to my usual programming.