Thursday, December 08, 2005

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?

Ok, give me my occasional global warming rant:

As I listen to the opinions and arguments expressed here, I am struck by the lack of interest in exactly how much (or should I say, how little?) the currently proposed policies are going to stave off any future warming trends. Instead, what seems to be the most important are the good intentions of the policy pushers-consequences be damned. To examine whether we can actually "get there from here" would involve some math and science skills. I suspect many of these college graduates barely made it through those courses. It is sufficient at COP-11 simply to believe that if a policy is good for business it is bad for the Earth. Since business interests are only out for themselves, business success couldn't be related to the material needs and desires of those served by businesses.


Until the people who want me to support their economy-killing proposals to possibly slow global warming can tell me what the perfect temperature the Earth should be, they can just bite me. I don't care how much they purport to care about the Earth.