Saturday, October 26, 2019

Inflicting Pain at the Division Level

I've noted both of these exercises but they bear repeating, especially in the Indo-Pacific. Preparing for "big war" is unfortunately necessary for the Army:

The Army intends to train at the division level in its next major exercises in Europe and the Indo-Pacific, testing the movement of a large force from fort to port, across the ocean and then making its way to multi-national sites where partner forces will train with the Americans.

I think we should be building to multi-division corps-level capabilities in the Indo-Pacific in order to support allied armies, as I argued in Military Review not too long ago.

And have I mentioned recently that I'd have paid good money to name our Asia-Pacific theater PAINCOM (Pacific-Indian Command)?  INDOPACOM just doesn't trip off the tongue the same way.