Monday, April 21, 2014

I Was, Perhaps, Unclear

When I set up a baking station for Lamb, I was expecting a steady flow of baked goods. I should have expressed my expectations more clearly.

I thought I was in good shape with this project. So when Lamb wanted to bake after school today since she had no homework, I said sure. She wanted to bake for one of her after school clubs. She wanted to use the lemon bar mix I had. Sadly, the mix was made with machinery that came in contact with tree nuts.

So, no go on that.

But I had cake mix. So Lamb baked cupcakes and made some vanilla buttercream icing. We got 19 cupcakes out of the mix. And we had to use some ready-made chocolate icing to finish the icing job--there was a lot of wastage with the icing bag using a decorative tip.

Seventeen go to the school tomorrow. Lamb got one for later in the week. And I ate one for dessert after dinner today.

Just one. It was moist and tasty.

On the bright side, I imagine I'll get all of the lemon bars when those are made.

UPDATE: Lamb was pleased that the cupcakes were a hit with her classmates. She was worried we didn't have enough, but not everyone was there. So some got more than one. And I even got another one.

Even Lamb was pleased they were good. She didn't have one when we baked them, so as the baker she was happy it tasted good. Good for her.

Now we just have to make sure cookies get out faster when we bake them. I'm thinking a timer is in order. Or just use the alarm on my phone. I'll have to check the timer on my stove to see if that still works.