Sunday, December 01, 2013

Casa Too Cute

One reason my home is kind of cluttered is that there are a bunch of children's toys built up over the years.

Mister's collection is gone as he's reached advanced teen years where a computer, smart phone, and XBox have taken over his spare time enjoyment.

Well, it's gone except where Lamb took them over. After sitting unused for many, many months and giving me hope that I could safely dispose of them after probably 13 or 14 years of loyal service, Lamb hauled out the Lincoln Logs on Friday.

She challenged me to build something while she did.

Lamb built a lovely homestead with happy animals frolicking.

I built a frontier blockhouse with a cannon attached to small living quarters.

Here's a picture of Lamb's house through the gate. My structure is slightly visible in the background.


In a few years, I imagine the various toys will start to diminish. And I'll miss having toys stored or even set out for a long-term play project as a reminder of small children who need my care even when they aren't there at the moment.

That gate is closing, it is already clear.