Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Paying the Price

Scams will cost people who can't afford the higher prices of Obamacare even more money.

This is not, I hasten to add, the fault of President Obama. Crooks are crooks. They are responsible for their thievery.

Although making government bigger automatically makes more room for crooks to work. It's a feature and not a bug that can be fixed.

This cost to our citizens--or any other indirect cost to our economy--will never be counted as a cost of Obamacare.

I note this only because the years of the  Iraq War had direct costs somewhat less than the 2009 Stimulus Package.

Yet critics of the war count every conceivable cost that can be tied to the Iraq War over the next 30 years--tripling the direct cost--and then say that the war is the cause for the debt we already have amassed.

How future spending caused the current debt is beyond me. But I stopped at freshman calculus in college. What do I know?