Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Shout Out to the Obama Administration

Given my recent frustrations with the rock-pounding idiocy of our Syria, Iraq, and Iran policies (wow, who knew Kerry would be an idiot?), it is a relief to note that the president's space policy is actually something to be happy about.

Of course, it is being left to the private sector to build a new generation of craft to reach orbit.

Tip to Instapundit.

I've waited all my life for real space travel. When I was little, I thought ahead to the year 2000 (so far away at that point) and counted the years to realize I wouldn't really be that old by then!

NASA had their glory days to go to the moon. And they've had their moments since. But if I'm to see real space travel and a real space presence in my lifetime, it will be the new outfits getting started today. And for that hope, I do give credit to the Obama administration.