Thursday, November 01, 2012

Trick or Treat?

Despite the dangerous and frustrating world we live in, I never forget that my life is good. It will remain good next week no matter what.

I took Lamb out trick or treating last night. And while, a bit chilly, it wasn't too cold and it didn't rain!

The costume design was Lamb's, although in the press for time, I had to use her kids sewing machine to make the stuffed tail you can't see. Lamb got a lot of compliments on her puppy costume:


It was pretty clever. She decided to use a pillow case with holes cut for arms and face, decorated with fabric pens. I added furry ears and we shared in the task of making, stuffing, and attaching a tail.

This was actually a dramatic change for Lamb after many years of costumes in the winged magical entity category. Now at least I could quickly identify her in a crowd!

She had a blast--and a good candy haul.

Will we have another year of this shared fun? Two? I feel a trick coming after years of treats.

The memories of the treats will need to last so many years.