Sunday, May 08, 2011

Support the Arts

Durwood Coffey just had an opening night of his art work. I have a couple of his pieces (tree frog for me and a powder blue tang for Lamb, who loves fish), and it isn't just because I get a family discount.

If you like wildlife paintings--especially sea life--he's your man. And he's a good guy (former Marine) too, so you know your money is going to the right place in the art world. Check him out.

Here's one for a taste:


If you like the domestic versions, he has branched a bit into that:


Sorry that one is small but I don't want to expand it to make it look fuzzy.

Coffey picked a bad time to start devoting his time to his art, since Michigan led the nation into recession long before 2008. So he already has the suffering part of the equation down. I have no doubt his reputation will gain as people notice his work.