Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Fifteen Years

Today is the 15th anniversary of The Dignified Rant. Originally hosted on Geocities starting July 12, 2002, I migrated primary focus material to Blogger after about two and a half years. Since Yahoo!Geocities finally shut down, all my blogging has been done here.

Thanks to those who come here to read my thoughts. I hope I have provided reasoned (dare I say dignified) opinion on foreign affairs and defense issues, along with the occasional true rant and a bit of levity when appropriate. I try to work in song references on occasion, just to amuse myself.

I won't claim to be right more than a reasonable amount of time. But I will claim that I give my honest views without trying to advance any political angle. I'm an American, and my viewpoint is from that perspective. I make no apologies for that. 

It is a bit tiring to be a solo blogger. But I value doing this, obviously. The long war remains long. In some ways I feel like I'm in it for the duration plus six months.