Tuesday, June 14, 2011

So I Get This Great Big Grin On My Face

After I read this:

ELECTRIC cars could produce higher emissions over their lifetimes than petrol equivalents because of the energy consumed in making their batteries, a study has found.

Hybrids aren't much better.

Tip to Instapundit and thanks to Hot Air for finding it.

And where do we put all those toxic car battery banks when they are worn out? I suggest Yucca Mountain since at this point nobody is willing to put nuclear waste there.

I always hoped that the smug hybrid and electric car owners convinced that they are the Vanguard of the Warmetariat saving the planet from evil gasoline engine car owners would one day wake up to find that their smug-producing eco-cars actually produce more pollution than internal combustion engine cars.

I silently dared to hope (I thought I mentioned that hope in a blog post but can't find anything) that the entire life cycle costs would be more than what the greens thought. I figured that there was no way that the production costs were counted in the per-mile calculations of carbon footprints.

And now there is a study that says smog production exceeds smug production in eco-cars.