Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Remember My Conditions

The New Republic is calling for humanitarian intervention in Burma. And it should be done soon even before the planning committees sit down:

There are, no doubt, many logistical complications and unintended consequences that would follow from such a policy.


Plan, shman. They care, damn it! Just get on with the hunger strike and worry about logistical complications and unintended consequences later!

Lord knows, I'm supposed to be a warmonger so I can hardly resist the opportunity to invade another country with people of color in it. But before we go, let's satisfy my requirements for intervention that I've compiled based on the lessons of our war in Iraq.

My last requirement is non-negotiable. So I hope the editors of the New Republic shave extra close that day.